These rules of membership (Rules) apply to all members (Members) of the official Nigeria’s supporters travel club (Super Eagles Supporters Club). Please read these Rules carefully to ensure that you understand agree and accept them before submitting an application for membership. The submission of an application for membership is deemed as confirmation and acceptance of these Rules.
The Super Eagles Supporters Club is (registered in Nigeria), whose registered address is at XXXX National Stadium Abuja – Nigeria. Any references to we, us or our shall be taken as references to SESC. Any references to you or your shall be taken as references to Members.
If you have any questions in relation to the Super Eagles Supporters Club or these Rules, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Super Eagles Supporters Club, XXX National Stadium Abuja Nigeria.
These Rules incorporate the referred to as code of conduct shown below and as a Member you agree to adhere to this code.
• Members should act as ambassadors for Nigeria, and act in such a way that will continue to enhance the image of Nigeria supporters and the Country at large.
• Members must abide by the highest standards of behaviour, and reject: (i) acts involving violence, intimidation, provocation, abuse or anti-social behaviour; (ii) use of language that is racist, homophobic, discriminatory, abusive or anti-social in any other way; this will include postings on any form of social media or on the SESC Forum; or (iii) behaviour contrary to standards of decency and respect towards the people, cultures, laws and property of host countries.
• Nigerian football is valued around the world for its standards of passion and fair play. Members will enhance this reputation by showing respect for the game, the opposition players and fans
– Cancellation/Suspension of Membership
Your right to cancel
• You may cancel your membership at any time by emailing email@example.com or writing to the Super Eagles Supporters Club, National Stadium, XXX Abuja – Nigeria. Please note that if you choose to cancel your membership, the membership fee is non-refundable
Our right to cancel
- We may: (i) cancel or suspend your membership; (ii) refuse your application for membership or any future membership; (iii) impose a ban on purchasing tickets for Nigerian matches; and/or (iv) cancel existing ticket purchases, if:
- You are in breach of these Rules.
• You are in breach of the ‘Super Eagles Supporters Club’ code of conduct.
• You supply false or misleading information to us in an application for membership or otherwise, or you fail to declare any conviction, caution, fixed penalty notice fine (other than traffic related fixed penalty notice fines), conditional discharge or bind over
You fail to pay any fees (e.g. for tickets) due from you.
• You are ejected or banned from National Stadium or any other football stadium.
• (Cancellation/suspension for Security Reasons) applies.
• In our reasonable opinion, your behaviour is abusive, offensive, inappropriate, unacceptable or otherwise brings the Nigerian team or the Super Eagles Supporters Club into disrepute.
• If we cancel or suspend your membership, we shall not be obliged to give you a refund of your membership fee, unless otherwise stated in these Rules
– Security Checks on Application
• By applying to become a Member, you agree that security checks may be carried out with the police or relevant authorities anywhere in the world and that any information you provide may be disclosed to such authorities. You also agree that if you have a criminal record, this may be disclosed to Club. The Club may conduct security checks in relation to a Member (including checking a Members’ police record) at any time during their membership.
• If you inform us of any Relevant Offence when you apply and you are subsequently excluded from becoming a Member, you will receive a full refund of your membership fee. If you fail to inform us, you will not be entitled to a refund. See section 5.2 for a description of Relevant Offences.
• If an application is rejected on the basis of information disclosed as a result of a police check, the applicant can obtain a copy of the information provided by the police and, if the applicant believes it to be inaccurate, the applicant can appeal to the Appeal Board (AB) – see section 5.4 for more details on the AB.
– Relevant Offences
- A Relevant Offence means a criminal offence and shall include, without limitation:
- Any football related offence including ticket touting.
• Any offence involving violence or the threat of violence to person(s) or property.
• Any public order offence.
• Any offence relating to drunkenness.
• Any offence relating to offensive weapons or firearms.
• Any racial or racially aggravated offence.
• Any offence involving harassment.
• Any offence relating to Class A drugs.
• Any offence under The Sexual Offences Act.
• Any offence relating to theft.
- For the purposes of these Rules: (i) any offence of attempting, conspiring, inciting, aiding, abetting, causing or permitting any Relevant Offence shall be classified as a Relevant Offence; and (ii) an equivalent or similar offence to a Relevant Offence under the law of another jurisdiction shall be classified as a Relevant Offence.
– Cancellation/suspension for Security Reasons
- Anyone who has been convicted, cautioned, received a fixed penalty notice fine (other than traffic related fixed penalty notice fines) or received a conditional discharge or bind over in relation to a Relevant Offence, within 3 years of the date of application will receive an automatic cancellation or suspension of membership, subject to appeal to the AB.
• Any Relevant Offences committed more than 3 years prior to application will be considered by the SESC and may lead to cancellation or suspension of membership, subject to appeal to the IAB.
• Anyone who has been: (i) banned by a football club in the Nigeria; or (ii) deported by any country for matters connected with or at the time of a football match shall have their application considered by SESC and may lead to cancellation or suspension of membership, subject to appeal to the IAB.
• Any Member who is convicted, cautioned, received a fixed penalty notice fine (other than traffic related fixed penalty notice fines) or received a conditional discharge or bind over in relation to a Relevant Offence whilst being a Member, or whilst applying to be a Member, must immediately notify SESC and provide full details of the incident.
Any suspension upheld and imposed at the discretion of SESC will be for a minimum of two years
– Appeal Board (AB)
- The AB has been set up by SESC to hear appeals from Members in relation to the cancellation or suspension of their membership under Section 5.3, or in connection within appropriate behaviour prior to, during and / or after England fixtures abroad. The AB shall consist of a representative of SESC and two independent appointed persons. The AB shall adopt such procedures, in its discretion, as are considered necessary by the IAB to determine the relevant matter. The decision of the AB shall be final.
• Any Member who wishes to appeal against the cancellation or suspension of their membership under S.5.3 or in connection with inappropriate behaviour prior to and / or after England fixtures abroad (including due to inaccurate police information) shall be entitled to appeal to the IAB. Membership may be suspended pending a decision of the IAB.
• Appeals to the AB by a Member must be in writing and be submitted to the FA within seven days of receiving notification from SESC of cancellation or suspension from membership. The appeal must contain a detailed explanation of the Relevant Offence or behaviour in question. The Member may also submit written mitigation and / or a character reference statement(s) prepared by the person acting as the referee. Any mitigation and / or character reference statements must be submitted to SESC at the same time as the appeal document. The Member must supply contact details of any character references, who may be contacted by SESC to confirm they are genuine.
• The FA may in its absolute discretion present any facts or circumstances to the IAB which it believes makes any person unsuitable for membership. The AB may also take into account any failure to inform SESC of any Relevant Offences during the membership application.
• In considering the suitability of a person for membership, the AB may in its absolute discretion, take into account these Rules, the ‘SESC’ code of conduct and the following objectives of the Super Eagles Supporters Club: (i) to promote the best interests of Nigerian football; and (ii) to promote positively the reputation of supporters of the Nigerian team as being people of good character and ambassadors of the Nigerian game.
• SESC, in its absolute discretion, will only accept appeals against suspension for Relevant Offences committed in the three years prior to application if the offence is minor and isolated and there is considerable mitigation supported by genuine character references. Members with more than one Relevant Offence in the three years prior to application will not be eligible to the appeal process and their membership will be terminated.
• Except in the case of fraud, death or personal injury caused by our negligence or other cases where by law our liability cannot be excluded or limited, we exclude all liability to you in respect of your membership of the England Supporters Travel Club, howsoever arising and whether in contract, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation or otherwise.
• These Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Nigerian law. Any disputes arising under or in connection with these Rules (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Nigerian courts.
• We reserve the right to amend these Rules without notice to you from time to time. Any such amendment shall be effective once the revised Rules have been posted on the super Eagles Supporters Club website, and it shall be your responsibility to check these Rules for any such amendments.